The MXS 3.8 is an advanced battery charger and maintainer. It has selectable programs for use on different sized batteries and special programs for desulphation, and charging on cold days.
The MXS 3.8 microprocessor controlled 7 step battery charger and maintainer is suitable for batteries from 1.2Ah-85Ah. Features include battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, a patented desulphation program and a ‘Snowflake’ program for charging on cold days. It also includes selectable programs for charging smaller and normal batteries. The MXS 3.8 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods. The MXS 3.8 is simple to use and you can follow the whole charging process on the clear, easy to read display.
- Maintains batteries up to 130Ah
- Splash and dust proof (IP65)
- Safe spark free operation
- Short circuit proof
- Battery capacity - 1.2–130 Ah
- Charging category - AC charging
- Back Current Drain, details - *) Back current drain is the current that drains the battery if the charger is not connected to the mains. CTEK chargers have a very low back current.
- Battery voltage - 12 V
- Battery chemistry - Lead acid (AGM, GEL, EFB, MF, CaCa)
- Ambient operating temperature - -20 ˚C to +50 ˚C
- Output - 14.4 /14.7 V, 3.8 A
- Start voltage - 2.0 V
- Input - 220–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, 0.5 A
- Ripple** - Less than 4 %
- Back current drain* - Corresponding to less than 1 Ah/month
- Ripple, details - **) The quality of the charging voltage and charging current is very important. A high current ripple heats up the battery which has an aging effect on the positive electrode. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected to the battery. CTEK battery chargers produce very clean voltage and current with low ripple.
- Battery types - 12 V:; WET; MF; Ca/Ca; AGM; GEL
- Ingress protection - IP65
- Warranty, info - Limited Warranty
- Warranty, details - CTEK issues a limited warranty to the original purchaser of the product. Depending on the product, the limited warranty period will vary. The limited warranty is not transferable. The warranty applies to manufacturing faults and material defects. The warranty is void if the product has been handled carelessly or repaired by anyone other than CTEK or its authorized representatives. CTEK makes no warranty other than this limited warranty and is not liable for any other costs other than those mentioned above, i.e. no consequential damages. Moreover, CTEK is not obligated to any other warranty other than this warranty.
- Warranty - 5 years